Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cooper's Corner - Ten For Texas


Saturday's race (Ten For Texas) was a first for me.  I've been a coach for a long time but never really had been put in a position to help other runners during a race I was participating in.

Volte has changed me.  I look at a group as a family.  We help each other out in times of stress:  "That's what we do!"

Volte is different than any training group in Houston:  We pray together, we train together and we race together.

In the grand scheme of things, Saturday was just another race.  What was the most important thing to me on that day was making sure my runner made it home safe.

The conditions were very difficult, but all of us finished.  And in the long run, we are all going to be stronger runners.

I love this group and the more I get to know everybody, the more I want to give back.

Now that Ten for Texas is over, the real fun starts as most of us will begin to focus on Houston in January.

Over the last couple of years, I have decided to not run the Houston Marathon because I didn't feel strong enough.  This time will be different because I know I not only have my coach behind me, but have a whole group there for me if I need them.

Keep it up team.

God Bless, Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment